Fulumbar Ironhand – Progress 1

I started work on Reaper Miniatures 77011: Fulumbar Ironhand today.  The material is Bones plastic, primed with MSP Brown Liner.  Other colors used are shown in the photo.  The base of the cloak was several different browns airbrushed on, followed by a brown wash and a bright highlight.

DSC05109DSC05111

DSC05107Not shown: MSP Brown Liner, Citadel Agrax Earthshade

My partner is Sirithiel, who asked for a dwarf, and for cool colors.  I’ve got the dwarf part down, but cool colors are going to be hard to pull off – right now it’s just some blue accents, but I will try to mix in some other cool colors, maybe on the hammer or helmet.

 

Magic Treasures – Update 1

DSC05132

The final WIP post for today is Reaper 02540: Magic Treasures by Bob Olley.

The gold on all three is RMS Pirate Gold with a Citadel Agrax Earthshade wash, then drybrushed with Pirate Gold and very lightly with VMC Metal Medium.

The cloak is RMS Twilight Blue with a Citadel Druchii Violet wash – I like how it tinted the desaturated blue a nice purple color.  As expected, the wash didn’t to a great job of shading the cloak, but it will give me a nice place to start.  I plan on making the cloak a nice bright color by the time I’m done.

The boots are basecoated in P3 Khador Red Base with a Druchii Violet wash.  I was hoping for a similar nifty effect like I got on the cloak, but instead it just came out nasty looking.  I plan to repaint them red, and shade using glazes.

Project G – Fall 2014 Exchange Miniature

I started Project G today, my miniature for the Reaper Forums Fall 2014 Miniature Exchange.  I’m keeping things anonymous for now, but will upload WIP images once the project has reached my partner.  I got basecoats on the face (including eyes) and some of the armor.  I did the cloak (a fur cloak) using the airbrush for base coats, then wash/drybrush to finish up.  I am pleased with the progress so far.

Black Dragons

Nearing completion are the 2nd and 3rd members of my Black Dragons unit.  They are just awaiting a matte coat and then they will join the other members on my tabletop.

Colors used: VMC German Grey, VMC Basalt Grey, RMS Rainy Grey, RMS Light Blue, RMS Soft Blue, RMS Pure White

DSC05129

Diamondback Mecha

One of the coolest-looking units in the Black Diamond force is the mighty Diamondback mecha.  This bad boy is 11cm tall and sits on an 80mm base.  Primer/Base Coat is Vallejo colored primer German Panzer Grey (73.603).  Global highlights were done with a broad stroke of VMC Basalt Grey and tighter highlights of Basalt Grey mixed with RMS Rainy Grey.  The blue spots are RMS Light Blue.  Edge highlighting will be the bulk of the effort on this fellow, with some of the Rainy Grey highlights started.  I’m not sure what to do with the Plasma Glaive yet – overall I’m hewing rather close to the studio paintjob, but I think I want to do something different for the blade here.  The airbrush is certain to be involved.  I wish I had not glued the head of the glaive on – masking off 90% of the model will be rather annoying.

DSC05120 DSC05121 DSC05123 DSC05127