Continuing my weekend of “paint multi-legged mechs,” I started on the Salvage Mech Construct from DeepWars. I decided I would try to emulate Antimatter’s painting style (without spending too much time on it). I airbrushed him with brass, then started playing with inks and washes. I only have a couple of inks, and they did seem to work better for this purpose. I had to go back over the washes with thinned brass to keep things shiny. He’s pretty close to finished actually. I need to touch up a few spots, maybe incorporate some feedback if I get any, then work on his base.
Paints used. You can also see the start of his base.