I’ve painted up a few members of my 5e adventuring party, and decided to paint one up for the DM as well. Since we seem to be fighting a lot of undead I decided to go with an undead guy. But lest the GM get too confident, I gave him a “very special” cloak.
There’s quite a bit of unpainted or just primer spots on the guy, but when the DM saw him on Saturday he couldn’t tell it wasn’t done. Since I’ve been in kind of a slump lately, I just fixed a few spots and called him finished.
I’m very happy with how the cloak came out, despite the fact that I used ridiculous colors for it. I think it’s because I really got a lot of contrast in there, and also while I didn’t spend a ton of time blending, I did use more steps than usual which paid off. The base color for the cloak is RMS Breast Cancer Awareness pink (for maximum irony on a skeleton), shaded down to Red Shadow and up to nearly white. As usual, the pictures don’t quite capture the right color – it’s a pink that leans slightly towards magenta.