Big pile of WIPs

Bunch of stuff I’ve been working on.  I know if I try to make individual posts for each it’ll never happen, so here’s the big blob of them.

Throne of Everblight.  Holy crap this thing is big and complex.

Angelius #2

Saxon Orrik, to give my MOW Shocktroopers Pathfinder

Ragman, for when POW 19 isn’t sufficient

Rikard Kozlov

Lesovik (Juggernaut)

Micro Arts Studio Buses and Bus Stops

2015 Year in Summary

Here is everything I painted in 2015 (minus 4 exchange minis, Dana Murphy and my ReaperCon diorama).  There are also 9 1’x1′ city tiles that were painted and not shown.  I may have missed a few others, but the bulk are here.  By my count, that is 84 miniatures, 3 complex painted pieces of scenery, 27 pieces of simply-painted scenery, one bit of scratch-built scenery and one scratch-built diorama (2 minis on the diorama are also counted in the miniatures).  57 from Privateer Press (most are tabletop level army-painted units), 11 Relic Knights (including 3 non-SPM as proxies), 10 Reaper Minis, 2 Stonehaven, 1 Tin Man Minis, 1 Hasslefree, 1 Infinity, 1 Dark Sword

20160101_202817

Including the Warmachine miniatures I assembled, primed and [usually] gave an identifying color to.  +58ish

20160101_203214

Police Tactical Response Vehicle – Update 1

As with the other CNC Workshop Miniature Scenery, there is lots of gluing involved, but otherwise went together cleanly.  A few pieces needed to be chamfered, but it was not hard (hobby knife or Dremel).  Primed with VMC German Grey primer, then lightly sprayed VMC Grey primer from upper angles only.  MSP Pure White, Tamiya Clear Red, Vallejo Game Ink Yellow, MSP Clear Blue (I am schizophrenic about my clears) and MSP Pure Black (tires).  Still some work left on the tires and hatches, but mostly done.

Other cool stuff – I got some magnets for my incoming warjacks, so I magnetized the turret-thingy.

DSC05880 DSC05882

Sci-Fi Walls

DSC05772

I finished up my other scenery project this afternoon.  3 sets of Sci-Fi walls from CNC Miniature Workshop Scenery.  Lots of airbrush time required, but not actually difficult.  Also shown are the planters and HUMPT1, along with Black Diamond forces.  Between these two sets, it will give miniatures lots of things to hide behind.

CNC Miniature Workshop Planters

I’ve been working on several large groups of terrain lately, which unfortunately (space-wise) interferes with my ability to also paint miniatures.  Hopefully I’ll be able to finish up the next set this week (maybe even today) and get back to miniatures.  The first set, however, got done earlier this week.  This is two sets of planters from the Paranoia series from CNC Miniature Workshop Scenery.  You can see the results of experiments on the tall tree-like planters – they are not quite uniform.  I got the process mostly figured out for the long hedges, which are the main thing I wanted out of the set anyway.  Like the HUMPT1, there was quite a bit of gluing involved in the assembly, though it was otherwise quite straightforward.  The hedge substance is Dark Green Undergrowth flock from Woodland Scenics (except for the one tree that looks different which is Coarse flock).  I put down a very thick layer of tacky glue then stuck small clumps of the undergrowth into it.  After the first layer was dry (several hours, since I applied the glue so thickly) I went back, removed loose pieces and patched most of the holes.  I may need to periodically repair the flock from wear-and-tear during play.

DSC05756

CNC Workshop HUMPT1

My first project of the new year, the HEAVY MULTI-PURPOSE TRANSPORT 1 from CNC Workshop Miniature Scenery, out of Australia.

The whole truck was made out of one A4-ish sized sheet of MDF.  There was a lot of gluing involved and it was a bit pricy ($20+ including shipping), but well worth it.  All the cuts were clean, the pieces fit together well, and it took primer great.

DSC05715 DSC05720 DSC05722 DSC05724

Two Relic Knights figures for scale. 30mm and 40mm bases.

DSC05727 DSC05729