Expect to see more of these soon.
I’ve built up quite a large collection of half-done miniatures so I’m trying to knock out a bunch of them. I think I started this over 2 years ago, although all I did was a wash over white. I went back to white and started over, but didn’t spend that much time – a wash, then drybrush stone colors over it. (should have done a stone base coat instead of white). Then a little bit of colors with the flower and done.
Bunch of stuff I’ve been working on. I know if I try to make individual posts for each it’ll never happen, so here’s the big blob of them.
Throne of Everblight. Holy crap this thing is big and complex.
Saxon Orrik, to give my MOW Shocktroopers Pathfinder
Ragman, for when POW 19 isn’t sufficient
Micro Arts Studio Buses and Bus Stops
Minis Received (as gifts): 7
- Spider, Mimic, Adventurer Diorama from Wyvernfire
- Fairy Tail Palace Guard and Minerva from robinh
- Anhurian Archer from Teskeria
- Rage (Guildball) from a contest win, painted by a friend
Minis Painted for Others: 7
- Egyptian Priestess
- Master Ascetic Naaresh
- 2015 ReaperCon Gold Mini
- Kitsune Kaiken
- Elori Ebonscythe
- Malena the Sorceress
- Female Anti-Paladin
Including the above, here’s what I painted this year:
- 82 total things
- 4 pieces of markers/terrain
- 4 Guildball minis (counting the ball, but not the goal)
- 9 Reaper Minis
- 2 Soda Pop Miniatures
- 59 Privateer Press Minis
- 1 Raging Heroes Mini
- 3 Games Workshop minis
Here is everything I painted in 2015 (minus 4 exchange minis, Dana Murphy and my ReaperCon diorama). There are also 9 1’x1′ city tiles that were painted and not shown. I may have missed a few others, but the bulk are here. By my count, that is 84 miniatures, 3 complex painted pieces of scenery, 27 pieces of simply-painted scenery, one bit of scratch-built scenery and one scratch-built diorama (2 minis on the diorama are also counted in the miniatures). 57 from Privateer Press (most are tabletop level army-painted units), 11 Relic Knights (including 3 non-SPM as proxies), 10 Reaper Minis, 2 Stonehaven, 1 Tin Man Minis, 1 Hasslefree, 1 Infinity, 1 Dark Sword
Including the Warmachine miniatures I assembled, primed and [usually] gave an identifying color to. +58ish
As with the other CNC Workshop Miniature Scenery, there is lots of gluing involved, but otherwise went together cleanly. A few pieces needed to be chamfered, but it was not hard (hobby knife or Dremel). Primed with VMC German Grey primer, then lightly sprayed VMC Grey primer from upper angles only. MSP Pure White, Tamiya Clear Red, Vallejo Game Ink Yellow, MSP Clear Blue (I am schizophrenic about my clears) and MSP Pure Black (tires). Still some work left on the tires and hatches, but mostly done.
Other cool stuff – I got some magnets for my incoming warjacks, so I magnetized the turret-thingy.