aka 77089: Halbarand, Cleric standing on some Hirst Arts blocks. Hammer haft brass-rodded for stability and grabbing.
Tried out some Badger Metalsmith bronze colors (that’s the metallic brown undercoat). Reaper Ancient Bronze and VMA Gold for highlights. Bronze statues often have bronze bases, so I didn’t even bother to cut off his broccoli base.
I already have an objective marker, so I’ll probably give this away to a friend.
Breachstorm (http://www.breachstorm.com/) is a new skirmish game a friend of my is making. I had a chance to play a short demo game, and I plan on playing a few more times before it hits Kickstarter, when I get a free Saturday. One of the factions (Homeworld Confederacy) is a somewhat generic space marine faction, so I decided to paint up a bunch of my dudes that were just sitting around. When the Kickstarter comes, I am most interested in the race of Lion dudes.
The original plan was to rely primarily on the airbrush, but I ended up throwing a wash and dry brushing medium grays, then edge highlighting in white gray. Still, didn’t take too much time.
Diamond Corps (Relic Knight, Black Diamond faction)
material: injection molded PVC plastic
I will use these guys as Homeworld Confederacy Riflemen and Fire Team Leader
Diamond Corps Medic (Relic Knight, Black Diamond faction)
material: spin-cast resin
The camera did not like the all-blue shot of just the shield and dramatically shifted the color. I would like to get a DSLR one day, but I don’t take $500+ worth of photos.
she doesn’t have a role in Breachstorm, but I wanted to paint up this model at the same time as the other Diamond Corps models
CSM Alex-117 (Relic Knight, Black Diamond faction)
material: spin-cast resin
He will play the role of Capt. Johan Lukas
IMEF: Reggie Van Zandt (Reaper Miniatures, Bones Chronoscope)
material: injection molded PVC plastic (Bones)
Reggie will be used as a Support Gunner for a Fire Team
One of my players had to be difficult and create a bizarro character. An Oread Cleric who uses a dire flail. I finally got sick of using a prepaint earth elemental for him and converted this guy with bits I picked up in the Boneyard. Zenithal priming plus some glazes took care of most of the cloth. Metals, leathers and stone base got a base coat, wash and highlight. All in all, 2-3 hours.
I haven’t been slacking off in the painting department, I promise! I have a few more [units] that need to be posted, once I bother to take pictures.
But in the meantime, here is Goremaw, from Reaper Bones 3. I painted her up in my Legion of Everblight colors – I like to think this is the adult form of the Hellmouth. Lots of dry brushing and wet blending since I didn’t want to take forever. The detail isn’t so great on the mini, but it doesn’t really matter since this is a “shock and awe” piece, not an “intricate detail” one.
The last thing you’ll ever see…
Momma and baby…
Project K is for the 2015 Fall Miniature Exchange on the Reaper forums. My partner didn’t have particularly specific instructions, so I was able to go through my bag of Bones and pick out something I felt like painting. I decided on a mini with a large flowing cloak, and to use the Scale 75 recipe that I used on Josephine Lucero‘s cloak. No pictures, just in case my partner is reading this, but I am finished with the cloak (unless I decide to smooth out some of the blends) and have started on the face and base.
I’ve painted up a few members of my 5e adventuring party, and decided to paint one up for the DM as well. Since we seem to be fighting a lot of undead I decided to go with an undead guy. But lest the GM get too confident, I gave him a “very special” cloak.
There’s quite a bit of unpainted or just primer spots on the guy, but when the DM saw him on Saturday he couldn’t tell it wasn’t done. Since I’ve been in kind of a slump lately, I just fixed a few spots and called him finished.
I’m very happy with how the cloak came out, despite the fact that I used ridiculous colors for it. I think it’s because I really got a lot of contrast in there, and also while I didn’t spend a ton of time blending, I did use more steps than usual which paid off. The base color for the cloak is RMS Breast Cancer Awareness pink (for maximum irony on a skeleton), shaded down to Red Shadow and up to nearly white. As usual, the pictures don’t quite capture the right color – it’s a pink that leans slightly towards magenta.
Having fun with Breast Cancer Awareness Pink. I am imagining Arrius is some sort of feminist* skeletal champion who can only be defeated after two named female characters have a conversation that isn’t about men. Or that half his HP can only be reduced with damage dealt by women. I have far too many silly colors “that will never be used” (which I am apparently treating as a challenge) that I keep getting by attending ReaperCon.
* I want to be clear that despite some mild fun here, being a feminist means standing up for equality. That is a good thing.