Stormclad/Reliant

I just wanted to be done, so I skipped a couple steps at the end.  (Like getting setting up for a proper photo shoot, for example)

Same basic steps as the rest of my South Khador, although removing the Swans from his shoulder pads was a pain.  I forgot to put anvils on the shoulder until after I did the red, so I had to be very careful applying them, but it worked out.  I also chose not to include the flag, mostly for height/transportation reasons, but that would also have been pain to remove the Cygnus from.

Advertisements

Objective Marker

aka 77089: Halbarand, Cleric standing on some Hirst Arts blocks.  Hammer haft brass-rodded for stability and grabbing.

Tried out some Badger Metalsmith bronze colors (that’s the metallic brown undercoat).  Reaper Ancient Bronze and VMA Gold for highlights.  Bronze statues often have bronze bases, so I didn’t even bother to cut off his broccoli base.

I already have an objective marker, so I’ll probably give this away to a friend.

South Khador WIPs

Several warjacks assembled for my South Khador army.  These are all from the recent Mystery Box and last November’s Black Friday sale.  I hope to not spend a ton of time on them, so I’ll try to do them all assembly line style.  One heavy kit has been magnetized.

Farrow Valkyries

Wow, these ladies were fun to paint. The hair in particular was fun. RMS Carrottop Red, Harvest Brown and Blond Shadow, all of them highlighting up to Blond Highlight. Metal was VMC Oily Steel with P3 Armor Wash + Agrax Earthshade (2:1 or 3:1), then highlighted with P3 Quicksilver. Skin was directional highlighting + DR Burnt Umber ink. Main skirt was highlighting + a mix of green and brown ink (to create a dark brown).

I tried out my new static grass applicator.  It made a giant mess, but at least the grass looks nice, and did a decent job of getting up underneath (next time I’ll apply the grass before gluing the figure).

Against a different background: