Kolsk, Volkov and Yarovich (in that order)
I was very happy with the red, until the matte sealer killed all the subtlety. I could have spent half the time on it to end up like this.
This plastic kit was fun to build and easy to magnetize. I put some effort into the red, but kind of phoned it in on the rest. For the red, I started with zenithal priming, the applied yellow, orange and red inks. I washed with Secret Weapon Ruby wash, making sure to wick it off the brightest ares and large flat areas. Seems like a decent way to get a jack painted fast. Too bad I’ll probably never use this kit (all three jacks are terrible, rules-wise).
Berserker (also check out the metal one I painted ages ago)
I magnetized and painted Juggernaut 52 a while back. The rest of his parts were magnetized but I just got around to painting them. Nothing too impressive with the painting, except that I managed to get so close to the original paint job. Destroyer and Decimator arms and heads are new, Juggernaut is previous. (Marauder parts were used to make a non-magnetized kit)
Juggernaut (ie, the previously painted bits)
My second “speed painted” unit of Iron Fang Pikemen (with magnetic standard, so they can be Black Dragons, too). All symbology has been removed from these guys so they won’t have the “wrong” shield.
As with the unit of Black Dragons, I relied heavily on the airbrush to do shading, and skipped a lot of the little details. A couple of 1/32 magnets are holding each standard in place.
Although I decided on the color scheme independently of this, I am just imagining these guys showing up in the war for Llael, as “patriotic volunteers” who are equipped with Khadoran military equipment and speak Khadoran, but who are totally not Khadoran regulars, even when they accidentally take geotagged selfies of themselves inside Llaelese territory or blow up civilian airliners.