What have I done to myself? I got a bunch of my Raging Heroes troops assembled, converted and primed, along with associated P3 figures.
In no particular order: 2 units of Doom Reaver Swordsmen including UA (one P3 model, one RH). Fenris, his dismount, a RH version of Fenris and a unit of Blighted Nyss Hex Hunters. At least on the Doom Reavers I’m going to have to find a way to force myself to paint them with a decent amount of speed or they’ll never get done.
My second copy of this model, magnetized for all three possibilities. I even got the polarity of the magnets the same as the previous chassis, so I can swap parts if desired.
I used the airbrush more extensively, although I reached the limit of my skill with the airbrush. I feel like my control is good enough to get the smaller armor plates, but I kept splattering or spidering everywhere, and turning down the pressure just stopped the paint flow. I’m probably not doing something right with the airbrush, because I don’t get a nice even flow of paint unless I increase the pressure past where I need to keep the airbrush back a ways.
Anyway, now Rhyas can play with multiple 2″ reach beasts. Should make for fun times, especially once the current CID’s point costs take effect.
Carnivean (plus back photos)
Some comparisons between the previously painted chassis (left) and this guy (right). The Ravagore in particular has a different color head since that will be an easy way to tell them apart (on the off chance I ever use two Ravagores at once).
HDR mode on camera pops the contrast and makes it look nicer, but isn’t color-accurate so I didn’t use it for most of the pictures.
And proof I magnetized properly: old parts on new body
I think Nephilim are kind of fun to paint, and the soldier was fairly simple with mostly skin. My standard legion colors. (Nephilim get the Nyss skin and armor colors, and warbeast wings and chitin)
More Legion of Everblighties gracing my paint table. Relatively close to done on both.