CommentsLeave a comment
I picked up Thor near the start of Mk III, for a Sorscha list with lots of long-range guns. Pair him with a Ghordson Avalancher for fully boost Quake shots (with boosted blast damage).
As I did with the Rockram, I painted up Thor in safety colors, which also nicely matches his flamethrower in this case. I painted him up fully in about 2 days of painting – I can go so much faster and without a huge loss in quality if I just relax and let it happen. (I’m currently looking at well over 2 weeks ongoing for some Ice Witches).
I’m also still playing around with the camera. All the pictures are much better than before, but here are my manual settings:
And here are automatic. Better in most ways, worse in a few.
And here he is with his ‘jack. I’ll may change the front-arc markings on the ‘jack to be consistent with the rest of my Mercs at some point.
Proteus is starting to look good. I particularly like how the tentacles came out, plus it was a rare opportunity to use my pinks. Bubblegum Pink made a nice mix with Drow Nipple Pink for the veins, as well as a good highlight for the Entrail Pink around the eyes and on the tentacles. I used Badger’s Fresh Blood on the tentacles, but it didn’t really come out how I’d hoped. Next steps are the underbelly plating, dirty up the areas that are “too clean” around the tentacles and lots of detailing on the chitin.
An undead horse, and a necromancer to ride it (Alexia2)
I touched up the cloak on Alexia1 (light blue edges)
Iron Golem, soon to be Rust Golem