Bog Trog Mist Speaker

It’s fun to paint bright green for a change of pace.

Advertisements

Destroyer #2

One of the quickest, if not the quickest, ‘jack I have painted up. Directional highlighting, red ink, attempting to highlight to yellow (and losing nearly all of it when I attempted to red back over it), then highlighting with off-white and putting orange ink over that. Generous edge highlights on the red, black, steel and brass and done.

#23 now hold the award for my favorite Khador jack that I’ve painted. It’s all about the red.

Pictures from right before the orange ink

Annyssa Ryvaal and Blighted Nyss Raptors

These guys took my FOREVER to complete.  I started cleaning up the metal back in August, got them primed in Oct/Nov and have been slowly working on them ever since.  There is a lot of stuff on them, they’re awkard to hold, and there are 6 of them.  I definitely got lazy near the end, just to get them finished.

Color scheme is more-or-less standard legion for me.  Some other colors: ulks are RMS Ginger Cookie + Dusky Skin Highlight (to make it cooler/more blighted), and the darker leather is RMS Ruddy Leather.  The leader model’s body is converted from a Beast Mistress.

Farrow Valkyries

Wow, these ladies were fun to paint. The hair in particular was fun. RMS Carrottop Red, Harvest Brown and Blond Shadow, all of them highlighting up to Blond Highlight. Metal was VMC Oily Steel with P3 Armor Wash + Agrax Earthshade (2:1 or 3:1), then highlighted with P3 Quicksilver. Skin was directional highlighting + DR Burnt Umber ink. Main skirt was highlighting + a mix of green and brown ink (to create a dark brown).

I tried out my new static grass applicator.  It made a giant mess, but at least the grass looks nice, and did a decent job of getting up underneath (next time I’ll apply the grass before gluing the figure).

Against a different background:

Raging Heroes as Warmahordes proxies

What have I done to myself? I got a bunch of my Raging Heroes troops assembled, converted and primed, along with associated P3 figures.

In no particular order: 2 units of Doom Reaver Swordsmen including UA (one P3 model, one RH). Fenris, his dismount, a RH version of Fenris and a unit of Blighted Nyss Hex Hunters. At least on the Doom Reavers I’m going to have to find a way to force myself to paint them with a decent amount of speed or they’ll never get done.

Marauder #2 – Update #1

So back on Black Friday, Privateer Press had old Mk II battleboxes for $10 each. That was too good a deal to pass up, so I got a Khador one amongst others. I don’t really need more Destroyers or Juggys, though, and I DO need more Marauders. Marauder arms are hard to come by now-a-days, so I was forced to make my own. My modding skills don’t match my vision, but they are more than serviceable.

Step #1, remove “upper arm” part of arm from some random arms.

Step #2, take some small binder clips and, using a Dremel, remove the rounded bits

Step #3, using styrene bits, construct an arm. Fill in binder clips with putty

Step #4, decorate the arms a bit, also zenithal priming

Step #5 (the hard to photograph one), deepen shadows and brighten highlights a la sketch style

Now, on to painting. Here’s what I have so far.

Red

Adding some oranges and yellows to the bright spots, and giving it a quick matte varnish (the Daner and Rowney inks are very glossy)