I’ve been painting recently, but I haven’t taken any pictures in a while. Rather than post nothing, I’ll post crappy pictures of stuff that’s currently on my table.
Relic Knights – Princess Malya Questing Knight (and base)
Relic Knights – Mr. Tomn (Malya’s cypher, he’s done, just waiting on Malya)
Tin Man Minis – Sisterhood Assassin
My FLGS had a clearance sale on some GW stuff, so I picked up a treeman ancient for a reasonable prince
Relic Knights – Cosplay Candy (as Chun Li)
Kingdom Death – Survivor Candy (Soda Pop Minis/Kingdom Death crossover mini)
Betty is done! I’m not calling this “complete” until Lug is also done, but here she is to show off.
The sealer is doing the “I’m going to make your pictures look terrible” thing again, even though you can’t really see those speckles in person.
I’m thrilled with how the freehand came out, and I can’t wait to get her out on the table. It will be a little while though, because at minimum, I need to finish Lug and a knight (probably Questing Malya).
I got the rest of the freehand done on Betty’s boots and jumpsuit, and I am really happy with how it came out. I started in on some of the other detailing of the jumpsuit, using the studio model for help. (I put a gloss sealer over the freehand since I don’t want to have to redo it)
Betty and Lug are the next set of Relic Knights figures I’m painting up – the first(ish) of my Cerci. Cerci are all sorts of bright colors, so they get the bright green bases, brights yellow and bright orange. I’m planning on sticking fairly close to the concept art for this pair, with the major exception that my Betty has a dark skin tone.
My phone did nasty things with the color balance – this is the same background and lighting on all the pictures.
First up is Betty:
Khador Red Highlight for her jumpsuit & boots, RMS Dark Skin for her skin, and Scale75 Amarth Blue for the hair.
Most of the work on Lug so far is from the airbrush. I primed him in black, then did light grey from the 50% angle on up, then white from the direction of the third picture. I gave him a fairly solid coat of VGC Yellow Ink, but that was a little too bright, and left too much black on the lower parts, so I did a light, translucent coat of VMC Ochre Brown then another layer of yellow ink. The only brushwork so far are the black stripes.
And here are the bases they’ll be getting.