I offered to paint up some RPG characters for a random person at my FLGS. I only got one suggestion, a half-elf paladin with a green knight vibe. Turanil here was a great candidate, and he got painted up over the course of last weekend. MSP Grass Green, up through Reaper NPP Poison Green and MSP Alien Goo for the highlights. Used Violet Shadow for color contrast in the shadows. NMM because I was feeling like it (Reaper’s Gold NMM Triad for the golds, various blues for the steel).
The martial traditions of swordsmanship live on in the province of South Khador, having been rolled under the command of the Iron Fang. Before Cygnar was liberated from the Tyrant Vinter, these unit were known as Sword Knights. Although most South Khadoran Iron Fangs spend their careers guarding the peasantry from marauding Cryx and Menoth pirates, Viscount Alain Runewood has traveled to the imperial capital to study under the greatest Iron Fang warriors to teach his subordinates the superior fighting tactics developed there.
Red is MSP Retro Red Steel with SW Ruby wash. Then highlighted with Vallejo Metal Medium. Steel bits are VAC Steel with P3 Armor Wash. Cloaks and butt capes are MSP White with MSP Soft Blue shadows. Grass was done with my static grass box, which made a HUGE mess. I wish I had a garage I could do that in.
Viscount Alain Runewood
Officer and Standard Bearer
Standard Max Unit
I had some friends over for the 4th and we painted some minis! Well, they painted minis and I advised.
The first row contains Ninja All-Stars chibis from Remy (8), Laurean (adult), and Avi (5)
The second row is Chris, Alicia and Adam (all adults)
AFAIK, none of them have painted minis before. Laurean is an artist though, and it shows.
Wow, these ladies were fun to paint. The hair in particular was fun. RMS Carrottop Red, Harvest Brown and Blond Shadow, all of them highlighting up to Blond Highlight. Metal was VMC Oily Steel with P3 Armor Wash + Agrax Earthshade (2:1 or 3:1), then highlighted with P3 Quicksilver. Skin was directional highlighting + DR Burnt Umber ink. Main skirt was highlighting + a mix of green and brown ink (to create a dark brown).
I tried out my new static grass applicator. It made a giant mess, but at least the grass looks nice, and did a decent job of getting up underneath (next time I’ll apply the grass before gluing the figure).
Against a different background: