Printed and painted (with GW Contrast) to use as Enslaved Spirits in Middara. The model already had a 1/8″ hole in the bottom, so it was already ready for a flying stand. 2 of 8 failed to print entirely and 2 of the remaining 6 had a noticable failed layer. I may have to clean or replace my FEP.
The Steelheads were 90% at my LGS so I bought them to convert to the upcoming Legion of Lost Souls, a good-guy undead unit. Fitting with power-creep, the new unit has halberds, guns, shields and recursion. The Steelhead unit, while much cheaper (in points), only has halberds.
Painted with GW’s new Aetheric Blue Contrast paint, followed by a white drybrush. The bases are plasticard; the reverse side was airbrushed using new Fallout Hobby stencils. The stencils had a much smaller pattern than I had hoped. In addition, this particular pattern was very hard to pull off the backing and use.
First mini of the month. A thrall warrior, ready for Alexia to summon.
Here he is with his previously-painted comrade.
Quick thing I did, mostly with the airbrush.
Ironically, a bunch of army-painted skeletons are now among my best painted Warmachines miniatures. Alexia got more time, but even then she was painted up fairly quickly.
Group Shot (actually, missing one skeleton, but you get the point)
Skeletons: Former Trencher, Former ??? (I couldn’t find a unit with grunts that looked like this, but I’m guessing something from Menoth) and Former Winter Guard. Bone + 3 colors then a brown wash.
Alexia – with and without grunts in the background
And finally, a closeup of Alexia’s face. I didn’t spend a lot of time on it, but am happy with how it came out. The hair has a bit more definition in person.
The white fuzz happens if I’m not super-careful with my matte sealer. It’s hardly noticeable in the hand, so I didn’t bother to get rid of it. I don’t know why it shows up so well in photos.
I’ve painted up a few members of my 5e adventuring party, and decided to paint one up for the DM as well. Since we seem to be fighting a lot of undead I decided to go with an undead guy. But lest the GM get too confident, I gave him a “very special” cloak.
There’s quite a bit of unpainted or just primer spots on the guy, but when the DM saw him on Saturday he couldn’t tell it wasn’t done. Since I’ve been in kind of a slump lately, I just fixed a few spots and called him finished.
I’m very happy with how the cloak came out, despite the fact that I used ridiculous colors for it. I think it’s because I really got a lot of contrast in there, and also while I didn’t spend a ton of time blending, I did use more steps than usual which paid off. The base color for the cloak is RMS Breast Cancer Awareness pink (for maximum irony on a skeleton), shaded down to Red Shadow and up to nearly white. As usual, the pictures don’t quite capture the right color – it’s a pink that leans slightly towards magenta.
Having fun with Breast Cancer Awareness Pink. I am imagining Arrius is some sort of feminist* skeletal champion who can only be defeated after two named female characters have a conversation that isn’t about men. Or that half his HP can only be reduced with damage dealt by women. I have far too many silly colors “that will never be used” (which I am apparently treating as a challenge) that I keep getting by attending ReaperCon.
* I want to be clear that despite some mild fun here, being a feminist means standing up for equality. That is a good thing.