Proteus

Advertisements

Current WIPs

Proteus is starting to look good.  I particularly like how the tentacles came out, plus it was a rare opportunity to use my pinks.  Bubblegum Pink made a nice mix with Drow Nipple Pink for the veins, as well as a good highlight for the Entrail Pink around the eyes and on the tentacles.  I used Badger’s Fresh Blood on the tentacles, but it didn’t really come out how I’d hoped.  Next steps are the underbelly plating, dirty up the areas that are “too clean” around the tentacles and lots of detailing on the chitin.

An undead horse, and a necromancer to ride it (Alexia2)

I touched up the cloak on Alexia1 (light blue edges)

Iron Golem, soon to be Rust Golem

Azrael

What a gorgeous model. I am very happy with how he turned out, though I could have spent a little more time on the wings. Standard Legion nephilim colors. The flame was fun – this is the first time I’ve tried to paint fire, and I’m pleased with how it came out.

He’s kind of hunched-over, so here are some low-angle shots

Here is a more “natural” angle, ie what he’ll look like from normal gaming angles.

Carnivean/Ravagore/Scythean #2

My second copy of this model, magnetized for all three possibilities.  I even got the polarity of the magnets the same as the previous chassis, so I can swap parts if desired.

I used the airbrush more extensively, although I reached the limit of my skill with the airbrush.  I feel like my control is good enough to get the smaller armor plates, but I kept splattering or spidering everywhere, and turning down the pressure just stopped the paint flow.  I’m probably not doing something right with the airbrush, because I don’t get a nice even flow of paint unless I increase the pressure past where I need to keep the airbrush back a ways.

Anyway, now Rhyas can play with multiple 2″ reach beasts.  Should make for fun times, especially once the current CID’s point costs take effect.

Carnivean (plus back photos)

Scythean

Ravagore

Some comparisons between the previously painted chassis (left) and this guy (right).  The Ravagore in particular has a different color head since that will be an easy way to tell them apart (on the off chance I ever use two Ravagores at once).

HDR mode on camera pops the contrast and makes it look nicer, but isn’t color-accurate so I didn’t use it for most of the pictures.

And proof I magnetized properly: old parts on new body

Raek

I got in the groove with this guy and finished him start-to-finish in about a week (admittedly, that week included Thanksgiving weekend).

Here is a comparison shot with the Raek I painted about 2 years ago.  I’m pretty happy with my improvement over that time, especially when it comes to contrast.