Original figure is a Raging Heroes “nuns with guns” figure. I replaced the 40k-looking gun with a blunderbuss, added Malakov1’s turbine and a Winter Guard hat.
I practice shaded metallics (I took Michael Proctor’s class at ReaperCon this year) on her turbine, gun and axe.
The matte coat dulled the red/orange of her coat down much more than I expected. I was a little disappointed honestly, since she was really vibrant.
I picked up Thor near the start of Mk III, for a Sorscha list with lots of long-range guns. Pair him with a Ghordson Avalancher for fully boost Quake shots (with boosted blast damage).
As I did with the Rockram, I painted up Thor in safety colors, which also nicely matches his flamethrower in this case. I painted him up fully in about 2 days of painting – I can go so much faster and without a huge loss in quality if I just relax and let it happen. (I’m currently looking at well over 2 weeks ongoing for some Ice Witches).
I’m also still playing around with the camera. All the pictures are much better than before, but here are my manual settings:
And here are automatic. Better in most ways, worse in a few.
And here he is with his ‘jack. I’ll may change the front-arc markings on the ‘jack to be consistent with the rest of my Mercs at some point.
I got a Sony a5100 partly because I read it was a good camera for those just venturing out of the “cell phone camera” category into the deep abyss that is photography. More importantly, it was cheap with credit card points. It is exactly what I wanted – good at focusing on the right things, color balance is good, and I can play around with a few of the manual settings like aperture.
Here’s a nearly full-sized image of my favorite warjack to show off what it can do.