So now that rockets can be attached to two different units, and my Winter Guard Rifle Corps are painted, I painted some rockets to match them. Two are metal and one is plastic.
Also, a previously-painted Rifle Corp for comparison
Finished up my Gun Carriage. Happy with how it came out, and even happier how I didn’t obsess over details that won’t matter once it’s on the table.
As mentioned previously, the front half of the chassis and sponsons are from the Khador Gun Carriage kit. The treads are from a GW Lehman Russ tank, and the backhalf and smokestacks are scratch-built. Next time I hit the store, I will try to pick up some barbed wire and add that to the “front” of the trenches (the rear of the vehicle). I may also try to turn some cotton balls into black smoke from the coal.
Had fun with the base, grinding dirty Swans underneath the glorious treads of the motherland.
A face the Empress loves.
Got these guys done to tabletop standard a few weeks ago. They’ve participated in several games, and it’s surprisingly nice to have an actually-painted unit on the field. Despite numerous shortcuts I took to get the painted, at arms length you hardly notice they’re not “magnificent.” It will be a long while before I get around to painting my other existing units though.
What a pain to assemble! Average of 6 pieces per guy, all with those horrible PVC mold lines. It didn’t help that I got one wrong arm, and had to shove some putty in there to fake it.
I’m going army-painter style on these guys – I’ll clean up some of the slop, make their hats and fur trim a lighter color, then give them some metallics. Nice simple base and then I can field them. I should be able to get them into at least one Butcher 1 gunline before Mark III hits (though I don’t imagine either Butcher or the WGRC will change much).