Current WIPs

Middara Heroes

Satyxis

Drago

Advertisements

Vladimir, the Dark Champion

I’ve been wanting to paint Vlad2 for a while, and was surprised by how fast I managed to finish him once I finally got started.  (you know, instead of painting Satyxis, like I’m supposed to).

I started out by painting him with GW Blood Angel Red Contrast paint.  I then painted the details, and finally some orange highlighting.  The single coat of Blood Angel Red is very similar to Khador Red Base – I used that color to clean up some of the places where the paint had pooled in the wrong areas.  He comes with that nicely sculpted base.  I just used some desaturated blues and brownish greys.  The lipped base is also Blood Angel Red through an airbrush – a few too many layers though, so it’s more of a crimson.

03120: Thigra Angel Archer, 03143: Ithuriel, Female Angel

Painted up as Erinyes for my PFRPG game.

The wings and clothing are one coat of GW’s Black Contrast line of paints.  Looks pretty good on the wings and servicable on the clothing.  Wings to “good” after a few minutes of painting is a definite win.  Aetherite Blue Contrast paint for the bases.  Fair skin, wash, fair skin.  Some dark brown belts and metallic swords and they were done.  Probably spent less than an hour on all 4 of them.

Current WIPs

Lots of stuff going on that I haven’t posted about, mostly because I’m bad at posting regularly.

Major project at the moment is my Satyxis pirates.  There are 40 of them and I really should have done them in smaller batches.  Here is a sample:

And an objective for them to fight over (almost done, just needs some shading)

A Raging Heroes sorceress I’ve had on the shelf of shame for several years now.  I finally did her NMM, the part that was intimidating me.  I used Reaper’s NMM triad.  Her crown and some parts of the staff were already basecoated in a different gold color, maybe Buckskin Pale.

Breachstorm Zhren’thrar, also finished up gold NMM on them.  They are also getting very close to done.

I used GW’s new Blood Angel Red Contrast paint on both Vlad2 and Drago.  Vlad2 got completed over the weekend, so here’s Drago with one coat of contrast paint over a zenithal prime.

Satyxis Flag – 14106: Dark Maiden

Painted for use as a 40mm flag for use with my Satyxis army.  Same colors as usual for the wood: Reddish Brown Badger Stynlyrez primer, Black wash, drybrush S75 Bosh Chestnut, mix in some P3 Hammerfall Khaki for highlights.  Used RMS Blackened Steel for the weapons/chains/anchor, highlights courtesy of Vallejo Metal Medium.  Grass tufts are from Army Painter.

WIP

I haven’t posted WIPs lately, and this isn’t much of one, but here’s what I’m working on at the moment:

That’s 20 Satyxis Raiders (+2 UAs +2 Captains), 10 Blood Witches, 3 Gunslingers, 2 solos, 1 warcaster, 2 heavies and 3 lights.  Progress is fairly slow because I am doing them assembly-line style and there are so many.  Currently, I’ve inked the main colors on each unit (green and blue for Raiders, blue for witches, purple for gunslingers) and started in on basecoating the leather.

They are all getting wooden-plank bases, which are basically done.

The jacks have been drybrushed with metal and washed with black wash, but I may change direction and use color-shift paints on them.  I did up one bonejack quickly to see how the colorshift looks

Unrelated to warmachine, I have several 3D printed items I’ve been working on painting.  A finished hover-car, a primed police car, primed ship for the Satyxis and some sci-fi vehicles (from Antenocities Workshop) based with colorshift paint.