Legion of Lost Souls (Steelhead Halberdiers)

The Steelheads were 90% at my LGS so I bought them to convert to the upcoming Legion of Lost Souls, a good-guy undead unit. Fitting with power-creep, the new unit has halberds, guns, shields and recursion. The Steelhead unit, while much cheaper (in points), only has halberds.

Painted with GW’s new Aetheric Blue Contrast paint, followed by a white drybrush. The bases are plasticard; the reverse side was airbrushed using new Fallout Hobby stencils. The stencils had a much smaller pattern than I had hoped. In addition, this particular pattern was very hard to pull off the backing and use.

Advertisements

Vladimir, the Dark Champion

I’ve been wanting to paint Vlad2 for a while, and was surprised by how fast I managed to finish him once I finally got started.  (you know, instead of painting Satyxis, like I’m supposed to).

I started out by painting him with GW Blood Angel Red Contrast paint.  I then painted the details, and finally some orange highlighting.  The single coat of Blood Angel Red is very similar to Khador Red Base – I used that color to clean up some of the places where the paint had pooled in the wrong areas.  He comes with that nicely sculpted base.  I just used some desaturated blues and brownish greys.  The lipped base is also Blood Angel Red through an airbrush – a few too many layers though, so it’s more of a crimson.

03120: Thigra Angel Archer, 03143: Ithuriel, Female Angel

Painted up as Erinyes for my PFRPG game.

The wings and clothing are one coat of GW’s Black Contrast line of paints.  Looks pretty good on the wings and servicable on the clothing.  Wings to “good” after a few minutes of painting is a definite win.  Aetherite Blue Contrast paint for the bases.  Fair skin, wash, fair skin.  Some dark brown belts and metallic swords and they were done.  Probably spent less than an hour on all 4 of them.

Current WIPs

Lots of stuff going on that I haven’t posted about, mostly because I’m bad at posting regularly.

Major project at the moment is my Satyxis pirates.  There are 40 of them and I really should have done them in smaller batches.  Here is a sample:

And an objective for them to fight over (almost done, just needs some shading)

A Raging Heroes sorceress I’ve had on the shelf of shame for several years now.  I finally did her NMM, the part that was intimidating me.  I used Reaper’s NMM triad.  Her crown and some parts of the staff were already basecoated in a different gold color, maybe Buckskin Pale.

Breachstorm Zhren’thrar, also finished up gold NMM on them.  They are also getting very close to done.

I used GW’s new Blood Angel Red Contrast paint on both Vlad2 and Drago.  Vlad2 got completed over the weekend, so here’s Drago with one coat of contrast paint over a zenithal prime.

Cryx Jacks

Just finished up a slew of Cryx ‘jacks.  Most of the work is Green Stuff World’s Color Shift paint.  Martian Green is the color I used, which I think is a green flake in a purple paint.  It shifts between green and purple.  I used yellow, 1xGreen,3xYellow and Green inks to color the glow.  The other metal bits are VGA Chainmail Silver, VGC Tinny Tin and GW Gehenna Gold.

The bases are the CMON/MAS bases.  Their “large” packs come with 1x 50mm and 6x 40mm, which is a terrible combination for my army, so I will need to figure out what to do for the other two heavies.  The other two lights are waiting on their rims to dry.

I’ve got the new HIPS Slayer, the Slayer and Reaper out of Mk2 starter, and some plastic chickenjacks.

New basing for v3 Slayer.  I 3d printed the planks, used some pumice paste to fill in holes, then painted it the same as the other bases.  The main difference is that I made the center darker than the outsides.